Friday, April 26, 2019

Life Crafted with Diane


Hi everyone, Diane here to share a couple of pages in my nephew's Life Crafted album with you! I really do treasure the chance to sit down with this album and create a pages with this gorgeous little face.


For this first spread, I created a mini layout on one side and then a cut down page protector for the other. To create the mini layout, I used a page protector from the album to give me the full page size and placement for the holes. Then I layered my photo with paper, labels and die cuts from the Pocket Life kit. I stitched the paper to the background to both adhere it and to give it a bit of texture.


For my title, I used both types of alphas from the kit, as well as the Heidi Swapp alphas from the Scrapbook add on kit. I love all the pinks, blues and teals together. Who says you can't use pink for a baby boy?!


I kept the left hand side really simple but used coordinating colours in the 3x4 journal cards to tie the two sides together. Its super simple to cut down a 6x8 page protector to give yourself a place for 3x4 cards.


For my second page, I created my own segmented pocket page to fit a 4x6 card. I filled the smaller space at the bottom with sequins and then used my Fuse tool to close it off. This left me with a 4x6 pocket at the top.


I didn't have enough of the grey alphas from the kit to create my title and I really didn't want to introduce a second colour to the page, so instead I used a permanent marker to colour in my alphas black. It's a really simple way to coordinate any alpha to the page you're making.


I used a single sheet of exclusive 6x8 pattern paper from the kit and trimmed it in half so that both sides of my page protector would be coordinated. I matted both my photo and my journalling with a darker shade of green and then added a few labels to both sides.


Apart from the paper and labels, the last method I used for tying the two sides together, was to add a little detail stamping to both pages. I love how the little cross stamp adds a tiny detail, looks like a sprinkling of embellishments but doesn't add any bulk at all!

I love the size of this album, it is perfect for quickly putting together pages and getting these precious memories documented.

No comments:

Post a Comment