Saturday, April 13, 2019

3 To Inspire With Theresa



Hello Lovelies, Theresa here with 3 To Inspire! I have an inspirational layout to share with you today and three simple prompts to inspire you to create! I am using the April Make It A Venti kit today along with the Traveler's Notebook stamp set. In this series we give you three recipe items, or prompts, to use in your layouts. Here are our prompts:

1. Mixed media background inspired by a patterned paper. I love creating quick mixed media backgrounds and using a patterned paper for inspiration is a great way to spark your creativity!

2. Use a cut file in an unexpected or unplanned way. For this layout I intended to use the patterned paper side of the cut file, but once I laid everything out realized I liked it better in white. I love the flexibility cut files give us!

3. Use stamps to help tell your story. I was so inspired by the sentiments of the Traveler's Notebook stamp set this month and created this entire layout just to use them! I think you will enjoy creating a layout that empowers you with these stamps!



 My layout today was inspired by the stamps and I knew I wanted to begin with a mixed media background. I have used the floral patterned paper below to inspire my colors for the background - pink and periwinkle. For my background I used India Inks and water on watercolor paper.




I fell in love with the Floral Screen cut file this month! Originally I planned to use it with the patterned paper side up, but as you can see, the white pops against the background beautifully and allows those gorgeous florals to show so well!


My basic design concept of this layout is very horizontal, with photos and journal cards going across the page. Everything else flows from this horizontal line, including the die cut, ephemera, and stamps. My favorite way to use stamps is with black ink against a mixed media background. They also serve as a home base for each embellishment cluster above and below the journal cards.




I also have an extended process video, if you'd like to see the layout come together:


Thank you so much for joining me today! I hope you are inspired to create and cannot wait to see how you are using your Make It A Venti kits this month! See you again soon!





No comments:

Post a Comment