Sunday, January 6, 2019

Sunday Sketch by Andrea Gray



Hey friends! Welcome to a new year! I'm super excited about the newest item in the CTK shop and I'll be sharing how I'm using it in today's Sunday Sketch!

I chose the sketch below and put my own spin on it with this different sized format.



My version of the sketch holds up a few main parts from the original: the outside borders, the top cluster and the bottom right title area.






I adore the little cluster at the top but with the 2 split layout, I moved it to the left. I used a label, a word strip, and a heart then stapled them together and added a tiny puffy heart right above it.



Some layering and a double date stamp  are always a good idea!


I took some liberties with this bottom section and used a pocket card that I ripped at the bottom and added lots of little bits. I used a tab with some puffy embellishments, an ampersand and a cute little heart die cut! I added to the cluster until it felt right and balanced since it was really the only thing on this side of the layout. 


I love how the black pieces stand out but don't take away from the soft colors everywhere else.
Thanks so much for joining me here today! I hope you can take this sketch, along with my version to create something unique to you and your style!

See you again really soon!





1 comment:

  1. I’ve been a long time fan of Andrea’s! Excited to try this sketch 😁

    ReplyDelete