Wednesday, January 9, 2019

"Rock You" with Kira

How inspiring has the design team been this month?!  Have you been loving all of their amazing projects using the new Life Crafted kits and album?  I have a double page spread to share with you today using the January Life Crafted kit and the Spencer outline alpha.



I haven't decided on a definitive "plan" for my LC albums yet.  So far, I have just been making layouts as I am inspired to do so and love the ease of this smaller size.  Today, I wanted to create a layout about my toddler's growing love for the band Queen.



My oldest son has always liked pop music like Taylor Swift or even subjects me to the occasional "toddler tunes" (you know, Wheels on the Bus, and all that).  And my younger son has never been as enthusiastic about his choices so we always assumed he just wasn't that into music in general.  Then recently my husband was listening to Queen when my youngest just went crazy for it!  Dancing and jumping, you can't get him to sit still when a Queen song comes on.  Now that we've listened to them so much, he is even learning some of the lyrics.



I knew I had to document this!  I used the Spencer alpha to stamp out the lyrics "We will, we will rock you!" on white cardstock and then fussy cut all of the letters out.  I used foam to bump them all up to give some dimension to my page.



On the reverse side, I chose a photo of my son and I listening to some music and printed it about 2.5x3.5 (my preferred photo size).  Then I used my Cricut to cut out some stars from black and yellow paper included in the LC kit.  I layered the stars and then used my sewing machine to add some messy machine stitching over the tops of them.



I decided to add a secondary title to my page "Ready Freddie" using the puffy black alphas included in the kit.  Along with a label for my date, and a tiny word sticker on top of my photo.



I felt like the reverse page should have some color to tie in with the rest of the layout, and luckily I had a few extra stars, so I replaced the "o" in "rock" with a stitched star and added a tiny word sticker on top.  I finished off my page with some journaling strips and some black splatters.



Thanks so much for stopping by!

xo, Kira


No comments:

Post a Comment