Tuesday, September 11, 2018

Tuesday Tutorial with Mel B



Hello friends!! Today I’m bringing you a fun and quick tutorial using the diecuts from the Heartbreaker Pocket Life kit. The diecuts are always one of my favorite items to use with the kits and I was thrilled to see the diecut frame this month. 


The frames are so versatile from framing a picture, to creating layers and being a focal point for journaling. I used the frame in this month’s kit as a focal point for journaling.



To do this technique I simply traced the outline of the frame along with the chipboard element I wanted to layer on the frame. By knowing the perimeter of the frame I am able to add journaling that will perfectly fit within the frame. 


I then used my vintage typewriter for the journaling, handwriting and computer journaling would also work but might require a bit more tweaking. Afterwards it was only a matter of cutting out the journaling and adhering it to the frame.


This is one of my favorite method for using a frame diecut. It’s a perfect way to showcase journaling and make the most of the diecut. Hope you are inspired to use this method on your next project!


No comments:

Post a Comment