Thursday, September 27, 2018

Embelishment Fun with Neftali

Hello there and happy Thursday CTK fans! It’s Neftali here once again this month ready to share some scrappy inspiration using the September “Heartbreaker” kits. I was so excited to see that we had so many Amy Tangerine goodies from her Shine On collection this month. I wanted to get the best use out of all these fun stickers and ephemera pieces so I decided to create a layout having some major embelishment fun! But I’ll let you be the judge, take a look:


So. Many. Embellishments. Am I right? Let me tell you how I got this layout done.

I started off by choosing my photo and then using the Crate Paper Willow Lane pink patterned paper as the main focus in the center of my page. I didn’t measure anything, I just never do, I simply cut so that it would be a very large square at the center of my white cardstock base.

I added a little texture to it by lifting the edges with my fingernails and also adding some “peek-a-boo” tears on all four sides. I loved the pop of color from the underside!

Then all of the embellishing fun began! Since I had such a large piece of cardstock in the center, I wanted to create a look that seemed as if the embellishments were tucked under and coming out of the peachy pink paper.


I layered so many textured and pieces from a mix of the kits. I used the chipboard stickers, the ephemera pieces, and the cardstock stickers, (all Amy Tan!)  and finally some black splatters to bring it all together.



The final thing I added was the journaling piece from the Shine On ephemera pack under my photo and three of the little flowers from the chipboard sticker sheet. I thought this to be the perfect touch to this layout as it matched so well with the photo of my sweet family and myself this past Thanksgiving. 


This was all I did to create this fun layout that gave me such great use of the Shine On pieces. I hope you have enjoyed this bit of scrappy inspiration today, and I invite you all to take some time from your busy day to get crafty with your September kits. Have a lovely end to your week scrappy friends! Xo


No comments:

Post a Comment