Thursday, September 20, 2018

Layout using vintage book page

Hey crafty friends, Melanie here with another Layout for you. Recently we spent a week on vacation in Wales and you can imagine how excited I was about finding a Vintage Music Book Page with a welsh folksong in my September Heartbreaker Kit!


I immediately knew I wanted to use it on a page about the lovely Bed and Breakfast we stayed. I started with the bookpage and my photo and chose matching papers from the Scrapbook and  Pattern Paper Play Kit for layering between.


I ruffled up the edges and tore the paper for more structure and used a tag from the 'Good Stuff' Add On Kit  for my journaling. I also used a border punch on one of the papers to add more interest.



I placed my title (name of the B&B, means house by the oaks) on the bottom of my page and used the note lines as a guide. The adorable alphas are from the Add on Kit and I love the whimsical touch they add to the page.


I placed the cute bird embellishments from the Pocket Page Kit on top and bottom of the bookpage to guide the eye over the page and added some black splatters and the stars from the gorgeous 'Magic Happens' Stamp Set (which is one of my absolute favorites, it's truly magical and versatile, you won't wanna miss it!!!) for some interest and contrast. Some flowers from the Embellishment Kit finish the layout off.



I am very happy about how that page turned out, it's one of my favorites this month.


I hope I inspired you to use those vintage book pages on your projects and can't wait to see what you're all making. Don't forget to share your creations in our Facebook Group and use the hashtag #citrustwistkits on Instagram, so we can see your work.

Have fun creating, bye Melanie!


2 comments:

  1. Hi Melanie! This is so pretty and whimsical. I love how you incorporated the perfect book page and added ephemera right on top. I'm linking over to the store to look-see the stamp. Love your whole creation. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words Kelly, I’m happy to hear that!

      Delete