Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Tuesday Tutorial with Kelly - Creative Ways to Use PL Cards

Hi friends! Today I am going to share a TN spread that I created using the gorgeous Pocket Life kit. Butterflies are some of my favorite embellishments to use and the ones included in the die cuts and puffy stickers are simply gorgeous. It was an easy decision to create my spread based on these embellishments.

I do not do Project Life, yet I still have a subscription to this kit each month because it is so versatile to use in both my TN spreads and my traditional 12x12 pages. Here is the spread that I created for my Gratitude notebook.


The first step for me in creating this spread is to go through the different cards and pull out ones that had colors that were similar to the butterflies. I found three different cards to use, and then chose the rest of the embellishments for this spread.


By fussy cutting an image from a 3x4 card, I created a die cut with the "This is Us" phrase. I also used another card to back behind my photo with similar colors.


One of the 4x6 cards had a beautiful diagonal stripe and this phrase. I fussy cut the phrase and then trimmed down the diagonal stripe to create a strip of patterned paper across the bottom of my spread. I pulled the doily from my stash and love the added texture that it brings to the spread.


I hope that this inspires you to look at your Project Life cards in a new way. I have linked my process video below. Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope that you have a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment