Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Mexico Mini Album | Part One with Chantal

Hey guys!

I decided to switch things around a bit this month and started working on my Mexico mini album. This project is near and dear to my heart for various reasons and I'm looking forward in sharing my process and pages with you.

Here's a list of the items that were used to achieve the below spreads;

Items:

- Precision scissors
- White printer paper
- Pencil
- Acrylic paint
- Old plastic card (e.g. gift or rewards card)
- Stapler
- Lemon Drop Main Scrapbook and Embellishment kits




I've always been a fan of the 4x4 format for my mini albums and for someone who's not big on journaling, being able to fill up my pages with a quick blurb or paragraph, is perfect!

I recently purchased a vintage Brother De Luxe typewriter at a local Flea Market and this project was a great opportunity to take advantage of my new toy. As you can see, a few errors were made (slowing down when I type, would probably help) but I decided to just go with the flow and chose not to start over, whenever mistakes happened. 




I decided to use bullet points for my storytelling. First, I created my titles in Photoshop using the Smith-Corona Galaxie Typewriter font, printed them on matte photo paper and then typed in my text using my typewriter.




The above 4x4 page was inspired by the wonderful Beshka Kueser. I drew a wonky scallop border with my pencil, at the bottom of a plain piece of printer paper and cut it out with my precision scissors. Having placed my now handmade "stencil" near the bottom of my patterned paper, I then used an old discarded rewards card to spread a dollop of bright pink acrylic paint, from top to bottom, until it covered the exposed pattern paper area. After the paint had dried, I stapled on a label which contains a few details of our pre-trip whereabouts. I absolutely LOVE how translucent the paint turned out on my background paper!





For the time being, my pages are simply held together by a book ring closure (in page protectors of course) and will be put in a 4x4 album, once my project is completed.

Hope you enjoyed and happy creating!

No comments:

Post a Comment