Thursday, January 26, 2017

Fresh Start + PL Goals with Tara

Hi friends! Wishing you well this year - hoping it got off to a good start for you so far. A new year always means new beginnings, 365 chances, and more fun!Of course it also gets us crafty peeps thinking how do we want to document the next year? Do we stay the same? Do we change things up?


Less of this, more of that...this year I went up in size to 9x12. I absolutely ADORE my 6x8 albums but I really longed for a bit more space and want to focus on more stories - both long and short.


Here is my title page for my 2017 album:

I had a couple photos from our trip to Ireland that I didn't get printed yet - and really loved them so much! I loved the way the black and white photo of my husband and I had some space to add in fun cut-aparts and word stickers.



I absolutely love cork pieces and the die cuts from the 'Jameson' PL kit. I really love adding embellishments to the outside of the pocket, as well as inside too.


I have a ton of Citrus Twist stamps that I love and had to use so many of them. I used a ton of things from my stash which made me happy to finally bring them out and put them to work.


I also wanted to share some of my crafty goals with you and I hope you share yours too!

  • Use up my stash - use all the nice things, do not hoard, do not hoard...
  • Don't stress - if I only have enough to document a week on one page, then do it! Go with the flow - enjoy the process and have fun memory keeping.
  • Set up a weekly workflow - this is for editing, printing, and crafting. Instead of waiting for a few weeks to go by, I plan to do these things weekly so I can spend more time making stuff.
  • Less - less options and choices. I want have minimal choices to make so I'm not overthinking my layouts or sifting through loads of things.
  • Finish projects. It may take me a few months past the project - but I do want to see more mini albums and other projects done instead of just 'hanging around'. 
  • HAVE FUN!

Thank you for stopping by! I can't wait to hear what you plan to do this year and see your layouts documenting January.
Have a lovely day! Xxo, Tara



2 comments:

  1. Tara, This year I went from 6x8 to 9x12 too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems like such a fun size! I hope to see some of your layouts soon in the Fan Page, xx

      Delete