Thursday, January 19, 2017

Chasing Dreams | Elsie Robinson

Hey everyone, it's Elsie here today! I don't know about you, but one of my favourite parts of our kits are the gorgeous 3x4 stamp sets. They're so versatile and add the perfect finishing touches to my layouts, so let me talk you through how I used this month's stamp set on a layout.


I found the design of this layout quite difficult because all of the main elements of the page were on the bottom half of the layout, so the top half looked out of place because it was so bare.


I obviously didn't want the draw attention away from my photo, my journalling and the little vespa I spent far too long paper-piecing (!), so to combat this I grabbed the stamp set that came with this month's Main Kit.


The stamp set had the cutest little circles and an asterisk, and combining them with some pastel inks from my stash, they were the perfect way to add detail around the balloons and clouds.


The stamps overlap each other and I think they kind of look like little bubbles, which just makes this layout all the more whimsical. I even added some tone-on-tone stamping to my modelling paste and inked background.



I carried on that tone-on-tone thing by clustering the Simple Stories enamel dots around the balloons, Vespa and 'Beautiful' title, they matched perfectly with the papers and ephemera in the kit and so I was really happy with that!



Also I love the typewriter font on the stamp sets. Using the 'why stop dreaming?' stamp as a sub-title with black ink adds a really lovely subtle detail and an extra pop of black and white!

Thanks for joining me today, and I hope you're inspired to use those gorgeous stamp sets!

- Elsie x

No comments:

Post a Comment