Sunday, October 30, 2022

SUNDAY SKETCH WITH KATARINA

 



Hi friends,


Katarina here with you again, today with this week’s Sunday Sketch challenge. I really loved the sketch I worked with, I believe it will be inspiring for you too. Let’s have a look.


This week’s sketch:



 And here’s my project inspired by it:





When I saw the sketch for the first time I immediately knew I was going to create an interactive project. I turned the sketch by 90 degrees and decided to create a layout in my 6x8 Life Crafted album where I started documenting our December stories. I used the super pretty Jingle All The Way kit and digitals as well as some other products from the shop.





I loved the circular elements on the sketch and created a flip page using the beautiful patterned papers from the kit. I used a plate to draw a semi-circular line on my papers. Then I printed two of my photos as circles and matted them with two bigger circles cut from the papers from the kit.




I used a big die cut with presents from the kit ephemera to secure the flip page and added lots of stars that I found in the kit embellishments.




There’s a gorgeous bookmark in the collection’s digital journal cards, I used it behind the flap to add my journaling.





On the right side of my spread I used another beautiful patterned paper and since it was 6 inches wide and I needed 7, I cut it and added a stripe of craft cardstock towards the right side of the page where I knew my photos and title were going to be.





I used both alphabets from the kit to add my title, and the pretty self-adhesive golden lace (also included in the kit) for a pretty detail.





I created a paper bow using two papers from the Crate Paper’sMittens and Mistletoe 6x8 Paper pack from the shop. It was perfect to finish a little Christmas present I fussy cut from one of the digitalpapers.





As a finishing touch I sprinkled a bunch of sequins from the kit's sequin mix and some stickers from the kit around my layout and called it done.


I love how a good sketch can inspire me to create something I would otherwise never come up with. Hope you get inspired too to use your Jingle All the Way Kit and that you find some time to create something beautiful! Thanks for stopping by, friends!




No comments:

Post a Comment