Friday, October 21, 2022

LIFE CRAFTED INSPIRATION with Nathalie

 


Hi there! 

Nathalie here to share a bit of  inspiration with you all this Friday.  I am loving working on my December 2021 album - my choice was a Sunshine 6x8 Life Crafted album- with a combination of past and present kits and collections, however today I wanted to focus on some of the exclusive stamps and how they can easily help you document your stories with style.




Well, around here there is  a lot of food shared and consumed during the course of December.  So, I pulled a few photos for this pocket page 6x8 Life Crafted Spread.




For the pocket page, I am using two digital journal cards from the Merry & Bright Digital Journaling Card collection.   There is  a lot of red accents on the photo, so I pulled cards that will balance them.   I am  using embellishments from the Merry Making add-on kit and Jingle All The Way kit to add a small pop to each of the photos.




I used a past 2x3 stamp set to add small sentiments to each of the pictures.  There is so much going on the page, that it was best to just stamp (with archival ink) directly on the pictures.





I had a large photo to complete this spread, however due to all the colors and shapes in the spread, my choice was to conceal it under a layer of vellum.   I simply cut my vellum to the same height as the photo , but 1" wider than the photo.  This extra inch folds behind the photo to create the cover flap.




I am using the Merry & Bright 6x8 Stamp Set, and Food Love 6x8 Stamp Set to create the vellum cover for this spread.  First, I used both stamps repetitively throughout the page.   I used embossing ink and white embossing powder to add the texture and subtle image to the vellum.   To create the title of the page, I used the same stamps just on the center of the page, and added a touch of shine with gold embossing powder.  I used foil transfer gel to color one of the chipboard numbers from the Jingle All The Way kit, then added a bit of gold foil to complete the title page.




 I used the Food Love 6x8 Stamp set and the black puffy alphas from the Jingle All The Way kit to add a subtitle to the bottom of the large photo.  The vellum flap covers the photo, but its translucency makes it possible to still see the photo behind the flap.




Here  is a look at what the complete layout, there is  a lot of color on the page. So, focusing on a color helps to bring it all together, and the vellum helps to give a bit of a rest to the viewer's eye.




I hope this inspires you to pull your CTK stamps to help you document your next story!


XO




No comments:

Post a Comment