Sunday, October 2, 2022

SUNDAY SKETCH WITH ASHLEY




Hey friends! It's Ashley and today I'm stopping in to share my take on the Sunday Sketch with you! Here's a look at the sketch that I'll be working with.


I love that the CTK sketches can be used for traditional layouts, but that they can also be adapted for the Life Crafted size. Since I work in the LC albums, I decided to rotate this sketch to the right and follow the design vertically. 


I am in love with the Spooky Stories Kit release and I used it for my layout. You can see how I followed the idea of the sketch, by keeping the photos in the same place. I also used some of the Halloween cut files that I created for this month's release to fill in one of the embellishment spots from the sketch and also for the title area. You can find the Hocus Pocus Cut File in the digitals section of the shop.


I started my layout with 3 of the patterned papers from the Spooky Stories kit, that were designed by The Stamp Market. I wanted to use two of them for my cut files and then the third one to bring in some of the orange color to the layout. The orange patterned paper was a great match for the color in the photos. These photos were from a trip to the zoo last year in October, and the Spooky Stories kit is perfect for working through my photos from last year to finish up my 2021 October Daily.


I wanted to create a fun title next to the photos on the right hand side of the page. I decided to pair the cut file with the black glitter Thickers that are included in the kit. And, I always like to add some extra embellishments around my title, to create a cluster, so I grabbed one of the pre-cut spider webs, the cute ghost from the chipboard and some enamel dots.


I hope you'll try this sketch for one of your upcoming projects and that you found some inspiration from the layout I shared today!



No comments:

Post a Comment