Friday, November 4, 2022

Life Crafted 6x8 Friday with Patricia

 

Hello CTK friends!  I'm stopping in to share a 6x8 Life Crafted project using the add-on kit for November called Parasol.  It is full of soft colors with a vintage feel that can work in any project.  Today, I want to show you how I used in in the 3x4 pockets for the 6x8 albums.

The kit comes with 3x4 cards, but some of the 12x12 papers also have cut aparts.  I used a combination of both.  I first start by selecting my photos for this particular week in November last year.  I like to have some separation between photos, but had one extra I wanted to include.  I picked the main photos that focus on the main details of the week to all be 3x4, and then selected the photo of my drink at the restaurant to be a square 2x2.  

Next, I start filling in the other pockets by deciding on either the cards or cut parts from the papers from the kit.  As I pick cards, I think about color, but I also think about places to journal.  The first card I selected is great for a title card.  I used two stamp sets, one older stamp set for the 'nov.' and Harper Alpha stamp set for the year.  Then finished it with details from the kit.


My photo for this next pocket isn't a wonderful photo, but for my story to be told, it needed to be included.  This was a great place to create a flip up using a cut apart from the kit paper for my journaling.  I used more paper from the kit to create the hinge, and then used the All the Things stamp at the top with kit die cuts to create a layered look as well as an indication to lift up.



When I create in pockets, I try to keep some pockets simple to create a balance with other details and layering in the other pockets.  This card, was perfect to just add my journaling and stamp onto.


This next side makes me think of a collage, especially because of that smaller 2x2 photo I printed.  I placed and stapled it to the outside of the pocket on the left, enough that I can still see that pocket's photo and the journaling on the right pocket.  That right pocket, I kept pretty simple, by just adding my journaling and stamping from the Cravings stamp set.



For the two bottom pockets, I created more layers from the kit and the November mini kit.  I love the enamel dots that come in the kit, there are 5 different colors but they are all the same size.


Hope you grab this kit while you can.  This is one of those kits that is great for all year long creating!  And I hope you join me today for a live creating time in the Facebook Fan group.  I will be using the Jingle All the Way kit.  See you there!



No comments:

Post a Comment