Sunday, May 9, 2021

Sunday Sketch with Patricia

 


Hello CTK Friends!  I'm using the gorgeous new May kit full of My Mind's Eye with today's Sunday Sketch in the Life Crafted album.

As soon as I saw the sketch, I see the vertical and all of those wonderful layers.  So I grabbed a few sheets of the pattern paper from the kit and just starting randomly trimming them and then layering them.

I started with the background being the cream colored cardstock from the kit, then just placed my cuts of pattern paper to see how I liked them focusing on the less busier pattern paper to be on the top.  


To add a mix of layering effect, I added a large die cut from the kit under my photo.  It coordinates with the papers I chose, but it also brings a balance of small, busy, and simple pattern papers, bringing the eye right to that area by the photo.  I love the pattern paper with the strips of phrases, so I trimmed those to stitch the left of my layering, as inspired by the sketch.  Continuing with the sketch inspiration, I added smaller die cuts to the right and left of the photo.  For another layer of texture and a pop of color, I used one of the chipboard pieces and used one of the May Cut Files from the green cardstock from the kit.  The pops of color work great with the neutral background.


For the right side, I chose the 3x4 pockets, and just trimmed more pattern paper to fit, then added a die cut over it.  I loved the 'a few of my favorite things' die cut, but it was too large, so I just stitched it to the outside along the middle of these two pockets.

I trimmed more pattern paper that is more solid and less of a pattern, then layered a torn piece of vellum over it to add my typed journaling.


Gorgeous kit!  So vintage, but modern.  Hope you grabbed one of these before they sold out.

No comments:

Post a Comment