Sunday, May 23, 2021

Sunday Sketch with Marsha


Hey friends!  It's Marsha here with you today, and I'm happy to be sharing my take on this week's Sunday Sketch challenge.  Citrus Twist always has the best sketches and this one is no exception!  I love the little details included and enjoy altering them to fit my crafty style.

Here's a look at the sketch:


Here's my take on the sketch:


Instead of creating a 12x12 layout, I chose to convert the sketch and create a layout in my Life Crafted album.  One of my favorite details was the layered hearts. I followed this pretty closely and used the Capture the Moment digital cut file to cut out hearts from a patterned paper and some digital TN papers.  Next, I added stamping to the smallest heart with the Storytelling stamp and black ink.  I added machine stitching down the middle of the layered hearts and lifted up the edges for additional dimension.  I love how this heart embellishment turned out!  

I continued following the sketch and trimmed digital TN papers into banner shapes and used the Woodgrain Chipboard Alphabet Stickers and the Bright Pink Puffy Alphabet Stickers to create the title.


I layered more digital TN papers behind my photo and added a few of the One of a Kind Cardstock Tiny Word Stickers to the layout. 


In place of one of the photos included in the sketch, I used a die cut from the Summertime Florals Ephemera.  I also embellished the layout with the floral die cuts.

I stuck pretty closely with the sketch this week and love the results! 


I hope you found some inspiration today and will create a layout based on the sketch!  Be sure to share your project with us on Instagram using the hashtag #citrustwistkits.  We can't wait to see what you create!

xo,



No comments:

Post a Comment