Sunday, May 2, 2021

SUNDAY SKETCH with Nathalie

 


Hello there!

Nathalie with you today to share this week's Sketch Challenge.   Sketches are one of the best ways to spark your imagination when it comes to scrapbook pages.  In addition, sketches are an easy  way to create a layout in a short amount of time.   Think of them as a blueprint for your page, all you need are pictures, paper and embellishments, and voila!  Let me show you this week's sketch and how I used it to create my page in less than 30 minutes.




I love the  two picture feature and all the layers behind the photos.   So, I decided to create my page using the May Add-on kit and a few modifications to the sketch.    



Since my photos are in landscape format, I decided to flip the sketch 90 degrees clockwise to fit my photos.  I used the sketch as inspiration for all the layers of paper behind the pictures.  Here, I used a few of the papers from the add on kit, as well as some of the May exclusive patterned papers and cards.




To make sure my photos shine on the page,  I chose the creamy cardstock as the background for the page.  The bottom paper layer was replaced with a bit of messy stamping,  this adds interest to the page, without taking over the page.  



Once the pictures where in place, then it was all about embellishing.  I started by adding my title following the location in the sketch.  I mixed ephemera and chipboard stickers from the Wild Asparagus collection from My Mind's Eye ((featured in the add on kit) with gold alpha stickers.   I tried to keep the location of the second cluster as in the sketch, so that it balances the page.



 

The original sketch calls for stitched pieces of paper on the top and bottom of the page.  Instead, I scored the cardstock and folded the background into the page.  The empty space was then filled with the same paper as the top layer in the photo cluster.   Just a few more embellishments. a few journal lines and gold ink drops... 



Totally love how this turned out in 35 minutes!   The sketch made it so easy to mix the Add on kit to create my page.   I cannot wait to see what you create with it!


XO





 

No comments:

Post a Comment