Saturday, May 8, 2021

3-to-Inspire with Ingunn

 

 

Happy weekend, friends! I’m back with another 3-to-Inspire, and this time I am challenging you to:

1)      (1)  Use floral die cuts

2)      (2) Try monochromatic color scheme

3)      (3)  Get a little vulnerable (or, if you’re not in the mood for that, use numbers!)


The second I saw the sunflowers in the new pack of Summertime Floral Die Cuts, I knew I would use it on a page about one of the races I’ve run at Sun Mountain here in Washington. At this time of year, the hillsides just explode in these gorgeous balsamroot flowers, and it feels like running through a field in actual paradise.


In order to capture the feeling of being surrounded by balsamroot, I decided to only use yellow embellishments on my spread. I found some other diecuts and chipboard from this year's releases that worked with the theme, and added a few enamel dots as well.



This was the first race I ran after giving birth to my second baby, and I decided to use the journaling to explore the various feelings this race photo gives me. I typed my journaling onto one of the new digital TNcards – the yellow went with my page, but I also like the symbolism of how I managed to turn my toxic thoughts around in “1, 2, 3”!

Thank you for stopping by, and I hope you'll share if you end up trying this challenge!




No comments:

Post a Comment