Hello there! It's Sam today to share one of the fun (yet super easy) way to use your 6x6 paper pad that came with your Pocket Life kit.
Guess what? All you have to do is:
1. Tear a few pieces of 6x6 papers from the paper pad (this is easy as all the papers are coordinated)
2. Crush, tear and distress them to create texture (don't even need foam dots to pop it up)
3. Layer them on a piece of cardstock
4. Once you are happy with the arrangement of the papers, apply adhesive but you don't need much to glue the papers because you want them to look like they just lay on the card stock randomly.
5. Add photos, embellishments and stamping.
6. Ta-dah! A layout that has a lot of textures and patterns, plus a tiny bit of mixed media.
Love love these exclusive wood veneers in August kits. I painted it with Prima Chalk inks to match the color of my baby's bumbo seat. Painting the wood veneers in coordinating colors is one of my favorite ways of using wood veneers.
p.s. Everything in the layout from the August kit, except the stamp on the photo.
Tips: Add some twine (that come with the packaging of the monthly kit) and some white thread under the photo or cluster of embellishment would add more textures to the layout. I also white-washed the 'ampersand' sticker with Distress Paint in picket fence (white) to tone down the black color.
White washing the basic grey alphabet stickers too. And addes a splash of blue & teal color to the background with distress stains. Oh by the way, the title is inspired by my baby's starry pants and the photo was taken before we had a scrapbooking crop at home. Love how the star stickers in the kit matched with his pants so well.
I hope you have fun making a quick layout using the tips above. I did mine under an hour ;) Thanks for looking and have a great day ahead!