Friday, August 16, 2013

Playing with Pocket Life with April

Happy Friday and Happy Pocket Life Day! :)  April here to share my Pocket Life Week 27.

DSCN3398

This week had a couple of inserts.  We watched an advanced screening of Disney's The Lone Ranger and the movie tickets were so cool that I had to include them in my PL.  They were oddly sized though, so instead of putting them in some sort of page protector, I just punched some holes and called it done!  And as for the second insert - I'll be talking more about it in a later blog post!

DSCN3406

I like including picture messages that I get from family members in my PL, so I created a collage of my niece at the beach using the PicFrame app on my iPhone and printed it off.  Jen's stamp on a label included in this month's kit was the perfect embellishment for the series of pictures.

DSCN3402

This week included the 4th of July.  We had some people over for a BBQ and to just hang out.  Even though red, white, and blue are the usual colors for the holiday, I wanted to keep with the same color scheme, so I stuck with yellows, oranges, and greens.

DSCN3404

Some filler cards I created using elements from the PL kit.

DSCN3412

I don't have a sewing machine, so I can't make those cool confetti pockets.  I improvised by using the packaging that the Star and Bee wood veneers came in!  I slipped in my FAVORITE journaling card from the August kit, snipped off the extra plastic from the top of the packaging, stuffed it with some heart veneers, and called it done!  It actually fit perfectly in a 3x4 pocket!

DSCN3413

And just another technique that I used before, but is one of my favorites.  I stamped Jen's stamp at an angle.

DSCN3418

I'm not sure if you noticed, but my week was a pretty basic one.  I didn't do any actual traveling, but I was still able to use all the elements from the Aug PL kit to document my daily travels through this fun trip called life.

Hopefully you found some inspiration on how to use your kit! :)

PS.  The Amy Tangerine alphas ("July" and "Boo") and the Kelly Purkey alphas ("Fix It Tickets" and "Book Finished") are from my stash.  The rest of the supplies are from the August Pocket Life and Embellishment Kits.

1 comment:

  1. I completely LOVE this spread, April! The been there, done that card is genius :)

    ReplyDelete