Sunday, October 15, 2023

SUNDAY SKETCH with MARCI


 

Hello, Citrus Twist Fans! Welcome to the Sunday Sketch post. It is Marci with you today. 

I'm using the Halloween collection, Mischief & Mayhem, along with this sketch. 


When I first looked at the sketch, I loved the linear square grid. I followed the sketch fairly closely this week. I did scale it to fit in a 6x8 album. I think it worked out great. 




I knew I wanted this page to be a stand-alone page vs. inside a page protector. That meant my dimensions needed to be 7in wide by 8.25in tall. The papers in the kit are only 6 in wide. To accommodate my needs, I cut a 1-inch strip of black cobweb paper and adhered it to the orange paper with washi tape. This gave me added width and a place to punch my holes. 


To ensure the black strip coordinates with the whole spread, I used the remainder of the cobweb paper to make four mats like in the sketch. 



I had a ton of fun using the Mischief and Mayhem ephemera pack to decorate my blocks. This one with the various witches' paraphernalia is my favorite! 




In the sketch, there are two squares that have word strips hanging off the edges. I first tried the labels in the kit but they were too big. Then I noticed on the 6 x 8 mischief mayhem stamp set there was a small label stamp that said "date". I didn't need the word "date" so after stamping in a coordinating orange color, I cut off the end portion to just have a blank label. I then used several of the fun Halloween sentiments to fill in my labels. 




Lastly, I used the white alphabet puffy stickers to make my title. To mimic the side embellishing on the sketch, I added some die cuts as well as some stamped images from the stamp set. I adore how this page turned out. 

I hope you are inspired to use this sketch and make something fab-BOO-lous this Sunday!

Marci



No comments:

Post a Comment