Friday, August 5, 2022

LIFE CRAFTED INSPIRATION with Nathalie

 



Hi there!

Nathalie with you today to share a bit of Life Crafted Inspiration featuring our new Sunshine mini kit and SUNSHINE digital files.   If you are in the Northern Hemisphere, then you are also experiencing this extreme heat wave.  Well, there is nothing better than a cool treat to get some refreshment, and that is the focus of my layout.




I love how this turned out, and it was all about adding a bit of texture to the pages through hand stitching and floating elements!




I started by hand stitching -with coordinating embroidery floss- all the lines of the sunburst paper from the Sunshine Digital Patterned papers.  Just put on a Netflix show, and stitch away, I went!




After all the stitching was done, I placed my photo, and added  a few embellishment pieces in clusters at the top and bottom of the picture.   I used various enamel dots ( from the CTK shop) to accent the color of the sunburst lines.



To balance the texture on the sunburst page, I am using a simpler design for the journal page.   This time, I am continuing to add texture, by adding some string to one of the frames  (Sunshine ephemera).




 By adding the string, and hanging it from the top of the page, I am giving the page some dimension and following the stitching texture to this  page.




I hope this gives you some ideas on how to use our new Sunshine kit in your Summer documenting!


XO




No comments:

Post a Comment