Friday, April 22, 2022

Life Crafted Inspiration with Traci

 

Hey, Hey, Hey, scrappy people!  Traci here today with a Life Crafted layout in my Bienvenidos a Miami vacation album using the Travelogue collection! I have already used this collection so much for my albums (check out my instagram posts here, here, here and here for more examples) but today I wanted to show off how quick and easy it can be to pull together a Life Crafted page using the Citrus Twist kits!


I created this page in about 10 minutes using a technique I like to call "dream boarding" where I just stick and plonk layers of lovely ephemera down, kind of like I was creating a dream board or mood board instead of a scrapbook page.

I love the way it feels like I just emptied my purse on the table after a long vacation and all the receipts and brochures and business cards and post cards fell out of it and onto the table. Of course, it's a little more thought out than that, especially on the right hand side with the tags I used to back each of the photos.



After I get all the ephemera and paper layers down, I like to finish off my "collage" with puffy stickers and chipboard over the top to give it a bit more dimension.  As you know, when making a vacation album that you're trying to not have span more than a binder (or two) it's imperative that your pages aren't too bulky, so this is my concession to a little texture without the bulk.  The Citrus Twist chipboard is PERFECT for that because it's not too thick!


You can watch this page come together and hear more of my thoughts on the process in the YouTube video below!








No comments:

Post a Comment