Sunday, November 14, 2021

Sunday Sketch

 




Hey there!  It's Kira and I am back with this week's Sunday Sketch.  Here's a look at the sketch we will be using today:



And here's my, slightly unconventional, take on the sketch:


I am currently working on some foundation pages for my December Daily.  So, when I saw the cute wreath die cuts in the Warm Wishes add on kit, I knew they had to be featured in my album somehow.  I have been loving all things interactive in my Life Crafted albums lately and I thought a door, with a wreath hanging from it, would make the cutest flip out.  

 



I started by creating my door in Cricut Design space.  I sized a rectangle to 5"x8.25" and cut out "windows" near the top.  I added two vertical rectangles below the window to look like door panels.  And created a doorknob and key hole with cardstock.  I backed the window with vellum and some light patterned paper.  The left side of the door is scored at about 1/2" in to create the fold out. 

The "inside" of the door I tried to stick closely to the sketch.  I chose a grid paper for future journaling and added my title at the bottom. 

 


On the reverse page I added a chipboard frame.  I removed the adhesive from the top so a picture can slide right in.  


 

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you are able to find some crafty time to play along this week!

xo, Kira 



No comments:

Post a Comment