Sunday, November 21, 2021

MERRY & BRIGHT with Our Guest Designer LAURA ALBERTS



 

Hey friends, Laura Alberts here with the stunning Merry & Bright Christmas 2021 kit to document this iconic photo of my mother playing an Atari system in the early 1980s. It’s fascinating to see my mom as a young adult just as excited by a new video game system as my brother and I were when we were teens. Love this little peek into her life before we came along! 

 

 

I wanted to create a one-of-a-kind background for this special photo, so I pulled in both the True Life V2 and Merry & Bright stamp sets to puzzle together a backdrop on my white card stock using three colors of ink. I intentionally chose black ink for the larger stamps to make them stand out as a title underneath of my photo. This background was a lot of fun to create! 

 

 

 

I matted my photo with a piece of patterned paper from the Crate Paper Busy Sidewalks paper pad and then with a piece of vellum. This softens the transition from my photo to the busy background. Then, I fussy cut from another Busy Sidewalks paper two large poinsettia flowers to add to the top left and bottom right of my photo, as well as several smaller florals to mix in with the stamping. A few ephemera hearts, puffy gold hearts, and glitter enamel dots sprinkled in open spots finished it off beautifully! 

 

 

Nuvo drops and gold ink spray splashed around the clusters gave the layout a beautifully whimsical feel and filled in white space. However, the journaling may be my favorite part as it really captures my feelings while looking at this photo. Often just a few lines with the person, place, and date is all that’s needed, but sometimes a little comment on how the photo makes you feel really adds valuable insight to the page. 

 

 

 

I can’t wait to see how you use the Merry & Bright Christmas kit in your holiday documenting! I hope you find inspiration for using a variety stamps on your page too.  

 

Always, 

No comments:

Post a Comment