Saturday, November 6, 2021

3-to-Inspire with Ingunn

Happy Saturday, Twisties! For my 3-to-Inspire post this month, I decided to play with digital products. I fell head over heels in love with the Citrus Twist digital release this month! The colors and the fall florals immediately made me think of a date run my husband and I had in September while both our kids were in school, so I decided to tell that story, and also the story of my health issues which have made running harder lately.


Since the photos had a lot of color going on in them, I decided to keep my embellishing very simple and stick to:

  1. Digital journaling cards
  2. Digital elements/ephemera
  3. Enamel dots

I knew I wanted to enlarge the photo of me in front of the lake, so my first step was to make room for journaling using the Gratitude Digital Journal Cards. I tend to ramble on in my journaling, so I needed more than a 3x4…this is where digital products win! In Photoshop, I used copy/paste (I’m sure there’s a fancier way to do this, but I’ve never claimed to be fancy) to elongate the “Live in the moment” card to fit all the way down my 10x8 inch main page. Then I used the crop tool (set to 4 in by 4 in at 300 px/in) to resize the floral pattern card to fit my 4x4 pocket.


Next, I used my Silhouette machine to print and cut the Gratitude Digital Elements (if you don’t have an electronic cutting machine, you can print and then cut them out by hand!). I wanted to use the one that said LOTS OF LOVE, but since the rest of the sentiment was more Thanksgivingish than skinnydippinginamountainlakeish, I filled in that part of the circle with the background color, and added a white half circle so it wouldn’t look empty. Have I mentioned that I ADORE the versatility of digital products?


I added a “you & me” tab to our selfie, as well. I attached the digital elements with foam adhesive to give my spread a little bit of texture.


My final step was to add one last little bit of texture and interest – the colors of the Flea Market Findings Enamel Dots looked so lovely with these digital products.



Thank you for reading, and I hope that maybe you feel inspired to create something with digitals this weekend!




No comments:

Post a Comment