Sunday, August 15, 2021

Sunday Sketch With Aimee

 


    Hey there Citrus Twist friends!  It's Aimee here with you today with another Sunday Sketch. Like most, I love using sketches when I am feeling less than creative but also just as a jumping off point. Many times the finished product does not look like the sketch at all while other times I follow it rather closely. Let's take a look at this weeks sketch: 


I absolutely love all the details in this sketch and what I love most about Citrus Twist Kit sketches in particular is that they show detailed embellishment arrangements! It really takes the guess work out of putting your page together when you receive your new products. Today, I have decided to follow the sketch pretty closely but I will modify it to fit inside my Life Crafted album


 I love the plus sign die cuts from the Here We Go die cut pack, they reminded me of a hospital insignia and so they are actually what  inspired me to document this particular story— a story about a spell of appendicitis I had in June. To start this page off I noticed that the sketch seemed to have some splatter in the background. I used a Faber Castell Gelato stick in the color Amber and a wet paint brush to add some beautiful droplets to my page. Next, I laid out a large 4x8 inch cream tag as my base that will span  across both pages. I layered up bits and scraps of paper from the Jen Hadfield paper pad on top of my tag in a similar fashion to what is shown on the sketch. I'm really leaning into those warm orange, yellow and red tones right now!


Now, obviously in the sketch the die cuts shown are ones with rather upbeat sentiments on them and my photo obviously tells a not so great story. That's totally okay though because I was easily able to swap them out for more fitting embellishments from the pack. I exchanged, "It's a good day" for "you got this" and "my happy place" with "I'm done" and so on. 


I simply adore how the sketch calls for scattered plus signs and added machine stitching. So many fun details that add so much interest and texture! I went ahead and added stitching where I could and a little black puffy sticker from the Stars and Hearts sticker sheet that I could not pass up. So fitting! 



 On the right-hand side under my photo I added a chipboard sticker from The Good Life chipboard sticker sheet and typed in my journaling. 



 At last, I trimmed the whole layout in half so that it could fit into each page protector.  I love that this sketch is still relatively intact and still feels like it is one piece— despite being cut into two separate halves. Sketches can absolutely be shrunken down in scale to fit whatever format you're working with. I encourage you to give it a try and see what you come up with! 

Affectionately, 




 


No comments:

Post a Comment