Sunday, August 8, 2021

SUNDAY SKETCH with Nathalie

 


Hi there!

Nathalie with you today to share a new project inspired by this week's sketch.   I am sure that we all love the practicality sketches can bring to memory keeping.   A good sketch is a great foundation/blueprint for your project.   It speeds the designing process while allowing for freedom of expression all in one.   Let's look at this week's sketch:




I love all the layers, movement, and negative space the sketch provides.  But my first impression was how it is set up as a modified grid. So, I decided to use it to create a layout on my Life Crafted album.




The sketch just made this page come together  rapidly, and I love the results.   First, I decided to focus on the the center part of the sketch ( this means, I imaginarily trim the sketch to fit my album layout).  This automatically got rid of the third photo, the top paper strip and  part of the large cluster at the bottom right corner of the layout.






I followed the sketch to create the layers of paper , and also the position of the pictures in my page.   The Reaching Out paper pads ( Jen Hadfield collection) were the perfect background for the photos.   It was a personal choice to keep the embellishments on the photos very simple - this creates a nice balance with all the patterned papers and color in the photos-.




The larger change in my page ( from the original sketch) is the position of the title and journaling.   To play with  the shades of blue of the photo, I am using the blue foam alphas for the title, and combining it ephemera pieces from the Reaching Out collection, the August release and May Cork sticker.  




The next major change is moving the position of the journal to the bottom right corner of the layout .   Having the journaling there, balances the page ( makes the layout into a modified grid) as it gives it much needed white space.



I hope this shows you how you can utilize a large sketch, and modify it to fit into your Life Crafted album. Remember to stop by the Citrus Twist Kits Shop to check all the materials I have used in this page,


XO



No comments:

Post a Comment