Saturday, August 21, 2021

3-to-Inspire with Shu-Wen

 
Hi Everyone!

It's Shu-Wen here, sharing a spread that I created in my Life Crafted Album with the August 2021 release and the Fancy Pants "Peachy Keen" 6x8 paper pad! I love how the cardstock ephemera, chipboard stickers, and journaling cards from this month's release work so well with the colors in the "Peachy Keen" line!

This week's 3-to-Inspire prompts are:
1. Interactive element
2. Stamping
3. Multiple photos

Here is a photo of the layout that I created for my Marigold Life Crafted Album!


For the left side of my spread, I included a full-page photo measuring 5" x 8 3/8". To frame the top of this photo, I added the "hike" word and an orange heart puffy sticker from the "Hello Sunshine" Puffy Phrase & Icon Stickers from July's release. I specifically wanted to include a green word phrase sticker to match the green in the trees and grass around the other edges of my photo. 

For the right side of my spread, I made a waterfall flip-up page for the rest of my waterfall photos, making this a waterfall waterfall! Get it? ;) To do that, I cut 8 pieces of white cardstock into 3 1/4" x 4 3/4", scored on the 4 3/4" side at 1/2", applied double-sided tape to the 1/2" hinge, and adhered all the flaps down onto my base page so that they all aligned in a waterfall pattern. I matted the flaps of my waterfall with patterned papers from the "Peachy Keen" 6x8 Paper Pad from Fancy Pants that I had cut down to 3" x 4". To fill out the panel to the right of the waterfall, I stamped the name of our hike (Beauty Creek to Stanley Falls) using the new "Sophie" Alphabet Stamp Set. I LOVE how this stamp set includes the bold AND the un-bolded alphabets in the same stamp set so they can be used together! I also stamped an arrow stamp from the new "Good Time Adventure" Stamp Set to indicate that Stanley Falls was our destination for the hike. 


Next, I added some clusters to the patterned papers in my waterfall using pieces from the "Here We Go" Die Cut Ephemera Pack. I love that some of the die-cut ephemera pieces, such as the "Smile" ticket and these cute blank labels, had spots for me to do some more stamping, again using the Good Times Adventure Stamp Set. I even did a bit of stamping on my photo to fill in some of the empty space! While I was decorating, I made sure not to add too much bulk on the insides of my waterfall flaps by only using the cardstock ephemera and stamping. 


For my last two flaps, I included two journaling cards from the new "Everyday Life" Double-Sided Journaling Cards. For the first one, I typed up some journaling onto clear sticker paper and adhered it to the center of the journaling card. For the second journaling card, I used a couple of Citrus Twist Kits' older stamp sets ("It's Weathering" Stamp Set and "Let's Wander" Stamp Set) to document the extremely hot weather we were hiking in. I love how the circle stamp lined up perfectly with the circles on this journaling card! Then, I decorated both journaling cards with more ephemera pieces from the "Here We Go" pack. 

To finish off my spread, I added a couple of "The Good Life" Chipboard Stickers to the very first flap in my waterfall; one to decorate the center of the flap, and another to hide a magnet that I've attached to some ribbon to keep my waterfall closed. 

You can check out the process video that I made for this spread on my YouTube channel.



I love how this spread turned out! If you'd like to give this challenge a shot, feel free to tag me on Instagram or on the Citrus Twist Kits Facebook Fan page so that I can check it out! Make sure to check out the Citrus Twist Kits shop for all the new goodies this month! Thanks so much for stopping by!



No comments:

Post a Comment