Sunday, February 21, 2021

Sunday Sketch with Marsha

 


Hey friends!  It's Marsha here today, and I'm excited to be hosting the Sunday Sketch Challenge.  The sketch this week is perfect- full of so many fun details!

Here's a look at the sketch:


Here's my Life Crafted layout based on the sketch:


To begin the layout, I trimmed a piece of white cardstock to fit as a full page in the album.  One of my favorite features of the sketch is the repeat stamping along the bottom of the page.  I chose a phrase stamp from the new Storytelling Stamp and did some repeat stamping using black ink.  I added some second-generation stamping to get variation in intensity.  A die-cut heart from the Hearts & Such Die-Cut Ephemera looks perfect adhered over the stamping.


I added my photo above the stamping, layering it over a piece of patterned paper from the Crate Paper Marigold 6x8 Paper Pad along with a doily and vellum from my stash. To embellish the page, I added some labels and a floral die-cut piece from the Hearts & Such Die-Cut Ephemera.  I continued to follow the sketch and added a stamped circular element using the Storytelling Stamp and light gray ink.


I chose to add the title on the left page of the spread and added it to a digital traveler's notebook paper from the Wild at Heart Digital TN Papers.  I also added a label from the Hearts & Such Die-Cut Ephemera and did a bit more stamping using the Storytelling Stamp.  To finish off the spread, I added some machine stitching to a few areas of the layout and added some puffy heart stickers from the Whimsical Hearts Puffy Stickers.


I hope you are inspired to create a layout based on this week's sketch!  Be sure to share your projects with us on Instagram using the hashtag #citrustwistkits.  I can't wait to see what you create!



No comments:

Post a Comment