Saturday, February 13, 2021

3-to-Inspire with Desiree

 


Hi there!  It’s Desiree here to join you this Saturday.  If you’re looking for some crafty inspiration, I invite you to try this week’s 3-to-Inspire challenge.  I’ll be working in my life crafted album.


I knew I definitely wanted to include certain items in my layout.  I had already pictured floral edged pages and stamped words. 


So this week’s selections are:

  1.  florals

  2. alpha stamps

  3. cut files




For this project, I wanted to do a regular layout in my life crafted album.  I started with a simple patterned piece of pink cardstock paper and graph paper.  I like using graph and grid sheets as my base pages because they are easy to build on.





The next thing I did is build my floral layer on the graph page with florals from the Citrus Twist Life Crafted Floral Ephemera pack and the Citrus Twist Hearts & Such Ephemera pack.  With all the lovely color florals to choose from, I stacked my florals starting with the biggest on the bottom, leading up to the smallest, and adhered them to my page. 






Then, I used the Citrus Twist Chloe Alpha and Number stamp to make a fun list.  I took this opportunity to stamp out all the beautiful qualities of my daughter.  I love that this alpha stamp set comes with uppercase alphas, lowercase alphas, and numbers all in one, it is just so convenient.






For the cut files, I had a little fun. I used the white floral cut file that is layered under my picture from January’s cut files in the Citrus Twist Kits digital shop.  I layered the cut file under my photo, then cut off the overhang to the shape of the page. 

I also included the love and hearts from February's cut files in the Citrus Twist Kits digital shop.  I really wanted to use the fun speech bubble with the heart inside at the top of my page, but it would not fit.  So  I cut the heart from inside the speech bubble and topped my page with it.  I used the "love" part of the cut file as part of my title “love you”. 


To complete my clusters on each page, I used the wood veneers hearts from the Citrus Twist Heartbeats Vol. 2, Ltd Wood Veneer Hearts. Of course, I used the Citrus Twist January 2021 Puffy Hearts.  All the sizes and colors make them so easy to use.


I hope you give this a try and have a little creative fun. Happy Saturday!


XO, Desiree







No comments:

Post a Comment