Sunday, February 14, 2021

Sunday Sketch with Diane


Hi everyone, Diane here with your Sunday Sketch challenge! I adore sketches as a jumping off point for any layout. Today I decided to adapt this 12x12 sketch for a spread in my Life Crafted album.

Here is today's sketch:


And here is how my spread turned out:


I was super inspired when I saw this sketch because it reminded me of one of my favourite techniques for using up all those little scrappy pieces of my Sweet Story paper that I can't bear the throw away. 


All I do is stack them together, in this case horizontally across the paper, add a little adhesive and stitch the whole thing together with my sewing machine. It gives me a fun little place to build the rest of my layout.


From there, I added my two photos, using a little craft foam for dimension. Then I used both the Tickets and Tags and the Hearts and Such die cuts packs to add a few little sentiments instead of the labels in the sketch.


I decided to skip the top and bottom strips in the sketch and instead make my title cluster a little larger by adding a bigger die cut before stamping my title with the Chloe Alpha.


I added hearts instead of the butterflies from the sketch, starting with the most perfect little wood veneer and then filling the rest of the page with puffy hearts.


If you know me, then you know the scariest thing is adding splatters to my layouts! So instead of risking it all with ink, I grabbed a gel pen and added them in by hand! Such an easy technique for when you aren't feeling mixed media brave!


Here's a look at the process this spread took ...



Thanks for stopping by today and I'd love to see any page you create using this challenge so don't forget to tag me and share over on the Citrus Twist Facebook Fan page!

No comments:

Post a Comment