Saturday, February 6, 2021

3-TO-INSPIRE WITH INGUNN



Happy weekend, everyone!

I’m back with another 3 to inspire, this time focusing on my favorite part of using Life Crafted albums: how easy it is to layer different sizes! This adds so much interest and it’s just…fun to work with!

So without further ado, my three ingredients this week are:

1)      (1) Different sizes of page protectors

2)      (2) Floral die cuts

3)     (3)  Phrase strips (or phrase die cuts)

For this spread, I decided to use one full-size out of the pocket photo, a 4x8 page protector, and an instax insert. I printed the large photo at 5x8.25 inches, and punched holes directly into it to match the page protectors. 

My square photo and journaling card were printed at 4x4 inches, and I used my Fuse tool to divide the page protector into two pockets. 


Sadly I don’t own an instax camera, but I refuse to let a little detail like that keep me from using those awesome pockets! I printed four photos at 2.15x3.35 inches, then chopped off the outer two pockets of the page protector.


The “vine” floral matched my journaling card perfectly, so I adhered that above my journaling. I added a matching yellow flower to go off the page on my big photo, and then it occurred to me that it would be fun to have the cut-off part continue onto the photo in the instax pocket, so I just glued it down before I had time to rethink it (I’m trying to be more decisive in my scrapbooking. And in my life! But that’s beside the point.). I also added a piece of my last remaining vine piece to my square photo. 



The last step for me was to add my phrases – I happened to find three matching die cuts (I cut one of them out of a larger tag) with phrases that went perfectly with this adventure, so I added that to my floral clusters (and yes, I'm a pretty simple scrapbooker, so this is what amounts to "clustering" in my world, heh).



And just like that, another happy memory was captured inside my chunky little summer album!







 

No comments:

Post a Comment