Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Tuesday Tutorial | Make your own TN insert with pattern paper!

Hi guys! I'm still obsessed with Traveler's Notebooks and I love creating my own inserts from pattern paper. Think of it like a little mini book!


Here's how I do it:


All you need is 3 pieces of pattern paper, a paper trimmer or a cutting mat and a knife, a needle and thread or a stapler!


I use the template below to trim out my papers. The only important thing to remember is to make sure any patterns are up the right way. For instance, my kite paper needs to be vertical when I cut and fold it.


Once I've cut and folded all my papers, I put them in the order I want them to be (making sure to match up the patterns you want together) and then I clip them all together and poke holes down the centre fold.


Then I stitch them together using a running stitch and tie off the ends. You could also run it through your sewing machine or use a stapler (if you don't have a long arm stapler, I have a tutorial for doing it with a normal stapler here).


And then the fun part, embellishing! The vintage lace in the August kit is going to be perfect for this part!


Now, if you want to see how I did it, rather than try to follow my messy instructions, here is the process video... 

4 comments: