Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Tuesday Tutorial with our Guest Designer Elena

Hi everyone, I am here with a simple and quick tutorial for you today.This is my first ever and I'll do my best.vIt all started when I saw this piece of white crepe paper in the main kit. I wanted to make something fun and pretty. So I am going to show you how I made a crepe paper ruffle for my layout with my sewing machine. So I cut a stripe about 1,5'' wide.

 
I increased the tention of the thread to make sure it would give me the ruffle



I didn't secure the thread by sewing backwards because I thought I may need to straighten it a bit.....



Look! The edges face down


So I used my fingers to fix it. I could also pull the thread to make the ruffle fluffier or pull the paper to flatten it.I guess it's a matter of taste.


And this is it on the layout.



Here are some more close ups of my page:




And the whole layout:



That's all and I really hope you like it.

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful layout Elena. Thank you for the step-by-step photos so I can see how you put your layout together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. your page is just beautiful! and thanx for the tutorial, I'm definitely going to try this!!!

    ReplyDelete