Some patterned papers are so hard to use because they can be so busy or just too much going on. Well, most of you probably know I mainly use white for my backgrounds. That being said I flipped over the one paper in the September main kit and thought "oh my I have picture that would work perfectly for this paper". I didn't like that the sand was so low and my picture would be way at the bottom do after sorting through the kit I figure out a way to make this work.
So I first pulled out the main paper I was using, a fun cork like paper (I think it looks like sand too), and the piece of crape paper you get in your kit.
I cut the papers and attached under the main paper. I gain an inch+ on the bottom by doing this.
But to do this I had to cut an inch+ off the top.
Since I was adding so much in one corner I need to offset the top. I used some of the pretty sequence that come in the kit. I literally just sprinkled them on and LOVE where they fell! Love when things work out!
Then I started adding all the little embellishments to help make this page just the way I wanted it to look. I took the string and rounded it up and placed one of the wood veneers through it. I used the tiny stickers to get the date.
Here is the full layout. I had fun going out of my norm for once :)
I hope this inspires you to try the same!