Monday, September 15, 2014

Leftover layout with Christin

Christin here and I am back to show you how I go back to working on my kit layouts after putting everything a side for a while.  For my Kit Love post I showed you how I work with the kits at a crop, but since I hardly ever used a whole patterned paper I always have leftovers and I didn't feel I really killed the kit at the crop so this weekend I decided to use up more of those scraps I had left after making 5-6 layouts with the kits (I bought all kits this month to play with...)

A piece of paper must be really small for me to throw away, they are always good for something. I often tuck small pieces of paper in between here and there or use a border punch on the small pieces. I don't need more than a couple of inch of paper to keep it. Especially my favorite pieces of paper.

When you are working with layers it's a really good idea to mix different sizes of papers to get more layers. Mix the papers with chipboard, doilies (from the add-on kit), tab stickers and also stick some of your embellishments under the paper to add more volume.



CTK christin gronnslett Sept 15th 02
CTK christin gronnslett Sept 15th 03 CTK christin gronnslett Sept 15th 04 I

When I was up with my Kit Love post 1,5 week ago I only showed you how I make my layouts, I never revealed the full layouts, so here they are.  I have mostly used the Main kit and Embellishment kits for the layouts. See how I have mixed the soft colors of the kit with very strong colors in the background. If you do that you have more to work with when it comes to colors.




christin gronnslett CTK Layout 1 September Main Kit 02

Here is the second layout I showed you how I made. I have worked with the same kit, but here I have focused on the blue tones in the kit.


christin gronnslett CTK Layout 2 September Main Kit 03

No comments:

Post a Comment