Sunday, July 9, 2023

Sunday Sketch with Patricia

 


Hello CTK Friends!  Welcome to another Sunday sketch!  When I saw the sketch, I immediately wanted to get create my layout with stamps, this month's digital collection (Going Places), and bits from an old add-on kit from Simple Stories Wildflower.


I used the Simple Bliss stamp set, the striped hexagon, and stamped it with the lines going vertically to replicate the sketch.  I printed the elements from Going Places on vellum to give a nice feminine soft look to go with my photo.  And then printed and trimmed a piece of Going Places paper with lines to also replicate the vertical lines from the sketch.



I kept the layout simple and light with clusters around the photo.  I used the Simple Bliss stamp set again to stamp the flowers, fussy cut, and then tucked them to replicate the stars from the sketch.


I had fun pulling out old bits and even though the colors from the Simple Stories Wildflower collection leftovers I have don't match, I really like that.  I just breaks up the repetition of colors I have created and then also adds another depth and focus that I really loved.


I trimmed an element piece from vellum to use for my journaling at the top.  Love how this came out with the inspiration.  You could definitely use strips of pattern paper as the sketch shows, but mixing up the elements making them vertical was fun and creative!




No comments:

Post a Comment