Sunday, July 2, 2023

Sunday Sketch with Nathalie

 



Hi there!


Welcome to a new Sunday Sketch challenge, Nathalie with you today to share some inspiration using this week's sketch and our new GOING PLACES Digital collection.  I am so glad to have the sketch to work with, as it helped me put the layout together super in no time (and trust me, I need another 24hours added to the day everyday!).   Here's this week's sketch:




And here is what I have created inspired on the sketch for my 6x8 Album




Sketches are like blueprints for your projects, and for me was a great way to bring a few ideas together.





I knew that I wanted lots of paper layers for my project, something that will bring the stitching texture,   as well as the little frames.  





I cut all the papers for this layout from the Going Places Digital Patterned paper, even the small frames are in the patterned paper designs for the month.  I had fun fussy cutting out the frames, and backing my photos with them.





I decided to flip the sketch 90 degrees, that meant the photos will be stacked vertically which helped with my design. Then it was all about bringing the little strip of paper that anchors the paper and the stitching together.... my choice,  let's "tie" the layers to the page!  The twine serves to anchor it all to the page, and adds the texture I was looking for.




I moved the location of the title to suit my page better.  I am using bits and pieces from past CTK kits to complete my page.




I love how this turned out! and it really came together in a flash!   Remember to share with us your take on this week's sketch!


XO




No comments:

Post a Comment