Sunday, January 22, 2023

Sunday Sketch with Nathalie

 



Hello crafty friends!

Nathalie with you today to share a bit of inspiration with this week's Sketch.   I always look forward to having an easy and fast way to put my memories down in my albums, and sketches are a must for creating a cohesive project in no time.  Think of it as a blueprint for your page.  Let's take a look at this week's sketch:




And here is what I have created using January's Slow Days release for my 6x8 Green Leaf Life Crafted album




I stayed pretty close to the sketch.  I just loved all the circles and grid look of the sketch.




I used a die to cut a few pieces of cardstock, and one of the Slow Days digital papers into circles.  I wanted a selection of colors from this month's release.





I am using the Slow Days stamp set and coordinating inks to add the floral detail to each of the circles. The typewriter print from the Slow Days digital paper collection made for the perfect background for the page. I simply used the design in the sketch for my photo placement.




I made a few changes to the sketch and decided to embellish my page with accents of the darker shades in the collection.  For this, I am using elements from the digital cut apart sheet and ephemera.   I simply followed the sketch to position it all... 




I used the sketch as inspiration for my journaling.  In my project, I chose to move the journaling to different page.  This just makes the page airy and soft.  I followed the sketch when it came to the placement of the journaling and even the textures for the page.




The sketch called for journaling printed on vellum,  I took this a bit further and used the material as a way to tie the layout together.  I used vellum as a layer behind the photo, and in the lower pocket of the journal. The opacity of the vellum helps to make the stamped sentiment (SLOW DAYS stamp set) to be easily readable.




I love how this layout turned out.  It was so easy and fun to put this together using the gorgeous Slow Days release with the sketch as inspiration.  Cannot wait to see what you will create!


XO




No comments:

Post a Comment