Sunday, January 15, 2023

SUNDAY SKETCH with Ashley

 


Happy New Year friends! We're actually half way, but I hope you are having a great 2023 so far! The beginning of a new year is always a fun time to set new crafting goals, and I hope you have some ideas for using your CTK kits and Life Crafted albums.

Today, I am here to share a layout with you based on this week's Sunday Sketch, using the Slow Days January Mini Kit and Digitals. I decided to add 12x12 layouts back into my designs this year, so I adapted the sketch from 8.5x11 to 12x12, but I didn't have to really change that much.



I stayed very close to the original design of the Sketch. Sometimes I like to change a sketch up by rotating it or moving elements around, but this was already such a great starting point, which meant I could follow it the way that it was. I used two horizontal photos that I sized to 4x3 inches. All of the patterned papers that I used on my layout are from the Slow Days Digitals. I wanted to print them out so I could layer them like they were in the sketch.


I also brought in one of the Cut Files that I designed for this month, Winter Slumber. I thought the flowers would look great tucked behind the layers and that they would bring a great rounded feel to the linear design of the sketch. 


I wanted to create a visual triangle with the title and embellishments. I mixed in some of the ephemera pieces from the Slow Days Mini Kit with some of the Digital ephemera pieces. I really love how the different layers in each of the clusters create interest on the layout. One of the main things I changed from the sketch, was moving my journaling over just a bit, so it would be tucked in with the cluster on the bottom right hand side of the page.


I hope you will give this week's sketch a try! It is great for any size that you love to work with, whether it's 8.5x11, 12x12 or Traveler's Notebook size in your Life Crafted album!



No comments:

Post a Comment