Saturday, September 11, 2021

MEET OUR SEPTEMBER 2021 GUEST DESIGNER: NATHALIE LEONELLI

 


Hi there!

We are so excited to welcome our second guest designer for September.  She is one of the sweetest ladies ever, plus she has an amazing eye for design, and creates the most beautiful pocket mail packages.  She was also part of one of our first  design teams many years ago.   We are so excited to welcome Nathalie Leonelli to our team for this month.  You are going to love her, too!




Hello, my name is Nathalie Leonelli and I am thrilled to be back here as a guest designer (I was part of the very first CTK design team forever ago!). I am married and the mother of two boys in college. I love dark chocolate, visiting new places and playing with paper.

 

 

Q&A with Nathalie

 

·   When did you start scrapbooking? 

About twenty years ago! Shortly after my wedding, I didn’t know what to do with all my photos and I found a kit at a craft store. Shortly after, I found an online forum and then I was hooked.

 ·    What is something most people would not know about you? 

      In my before-kids life, I worked in Los Angeles doing product placement on TV shows and movies.

     What are the 3 scrapbooking products you can’t live without?

     Anything that brings dimension and texture such as foam dots, chipboard and puffy stickers, oh and I also love die-cuts, stamps and…. how can anybody stick to just three products?!

 ·    What do you love about the September release? 

The soft and warm colors, the Feels Like Home Ephemera which is perfect for everyday memories and the Merry & Bright Gold Puffy alphabet which is so stunning I’d love to have three more packs!

 

·    Finish this sentence “If you could see my scrapbooking space now . . . “

… it looks nothing like this photo but “creative minds are rarely tidy”, right?

 




Nathalie's project

Hello Citrus Twist fans,

It's Nathalie and I am honored to be here to share one of my projects with you. The September release inspired me to work on my 2020 pocket album and I found so many great elements to create a monthly "everyday life" spread. 



When I am sitting down to create, I get a lot of ideas from the products themselves. As soon as I received my box of goodies, I opened the "Feels Like Home" ephemera pack and I selected my favorite die-cuts that ended up being my starting points.




 I enjoyed layering them in several spots on my pages.

 



Because most of my photos were rather dark, I chose to use the light pink, peachy and yellow toned journaling cards from the "Everyday Life" pack and printed a sheet from the "Coming Home" Ledger digital papers (one sheet is perfect to create two 4x6 cards).

 


 

I absolutely love the look of the “Merry & Bright” gold alphabet puffy stickers on my photo!

I added stitching details and enamel dots here and there for texture and typed my journaling on a manual typewriter.

 



 

If you are short on words, like I usually am, try using bullet points organized in highs and lows. They give a good snapshot of your week or month and don't require a lot of thinking!

It's with this final tip that I leave you and I hope you have found a couple of ideas for your next project. Thank you for having me!





Oh wow!  We love what Nathalie has created with our latest release, and learning a bit more about her.  She is one of the sweetest ladies we know.    Remember to check for more of Nathalie's work on Instagram @anounceofcreativity  You are going to love her work!

Nathalie will be sharing more of her talent with us throughout the month.    We cannot wait to see what she creates next!

XO

No comments:

Post a Comment