Sunday, July 4, 2021

Sunday Sketch with Patricia


Hello and happy 4th of July to US readers!  It is full on summer here and my favorite season.  Another favorite is going to the beach.  I used lots of new July products along with inspiration from the Sunday Sketch for this beach themed 6x8 layout and Life Crafted spread.


Here's a look at the sketch.  I as drawn to the large title right away and also loved the look of the heart in between the title.  That inspired me to use the Beach cut file by sizing just the sun to fit my 6x8 layout.


I wanted texture and color and decided to use embroidery floss under the cut file.  In order to do this, I trimmed a piece of cardstock to fit under it and instead of stitching, I just wrapped the floss around my trimmed piece, taping it on the back to secure.  Then I adhered it this to the new paper from the Jen Hadfield paper pad available this month. 

Next, I used Endless Summer Die cuts and Hello Sunshine Puffy Phrase and Icon Stickers over it to complete the inspiration from the sketch.  Since my sun and title are so large, I kept the layers light under and around my photo but still gained inspiration from the sketch using pattern paper from the July Butterflied and Blooms Add-On kit.




I used the digital Patterns & Basics for the right side by just adding journaling, my photo and the same pattern paper to balance with the left.  Then finished it with the new True Life V2 stamp!  Awesome set!!


Hope you are inspired by the sketch and products available this month...they make documenting the summer or any season so fun...enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment