Saturday, July 10, 2021

3-to-Inspire with Ingunn

Happy Saturday, happy summer, and happy hiking season! I audibly squealed when I opened my box of July products and saw all the outdoorsy stuff. Right then and there, I decided to start a brand new Life Crafted Album in Sea Glass where I could gather all my favorite mountain memories in one place. 


When I saw the piece of Endless Sunshine die cut ephemera with ‘wildflower’ on it, it immediately made me think of how my daughters look to me when we’re out hiking: frolicking around in green meadows like happy, colorful wildflowers. So I picked a photo from one of my favorite trips with them, then decided to build the page around products that matched that die cut. I raised the die cut with a foam sticker, then added two matching florals from the Lazy Days puffy stickers tucked underneath it.


I love using huge photos when I scrapbook hikes, so I printed the photo of my husband and our oldest daughter at 9.5x8.25 inches, cut it in half, and punched holes in each side so I could place them directly into the album.

In order to add journaling and some extra photos, I took one of the double 3x4 page protectors, adhered the part with the holes to the back edge of the right-hand photo using red line tape, and then folded it over the front of the photo to create a foldout.


Inside the foldout pockets, I added a pattern and title from the digital Summer Fun patterns and journaling cards (which matched the flowers in the products I wanted to use, woohoo!), and journaled a quick little tidbit of how proud I was of Nora on this climb. I added another die cut to the patterned paper, and sprinkled some enamel dots around it & the wildflower cluster to make them look like they fit together.

On the back, I added some extra photos from the trip.


My challenge to you this week is to use:

(1) one main inspiration piece that prompts a page idea

(2) products that coordinate with that first piece

(3) a combination of big and small photos

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend and get to spend some of it outdoors - I'll be hitting the trails, hoping to run into a bear so I'll have a legit excuse to use the adorable bear die cut that's included in the ephemera pack!


No comments:

Post a Comment