Thursday, March 11, 2021

MEET OUR GUEST DESIGNER - SARAH ZAYAS



Hello there!

We are so excited to introduce our second Guest Designer, Sarah Hayas.   She is a past Creative Team member, and friend of CTK.  We adore her style, and are always in awe of what she creates.   We couldn't be happier to have her join us for the  next two months, and share some inspiration with our Travelogue kit!   




 Q & A with Sarah

·         What is something most people would not know about you?  I love to travel and took lots of road/camping trips as a young girl, but my first time in a plane didn't happen until I was 24 (which was for a work trip to Washington DC).  Since then I've been so fortunate to travel to many places (both near and far from where we live).  One of my favorite trips was to Canada where we got to snowboard in the Whistler Blackcomb mountains.
·         What are the 3 scrapbooking products you can’t live without? Stamps, a good adhesive, and my trusty Fiskars paper trimmer :)  
·         What do you love about the TRAVELOGUE kit?  Besides the vibrant color scheme, the die cut pieces are always my favorite from any CTK kit.  They are so versatile, and add that fun detail to any project.
·         Finish this sentence “My dream destination/vacation is . . . “Alaska! It's been on our travel bucket list for years!

 

 

Hello everyone!  I'm so happy to be back with Citrus Twist Kits as a guest designer for the Travelogue kit!  This kit immediately caught my attention with it's bright, fun colors, and since travel themed layouts are some of my favorite projects to include in my Life Crafted albums, this kit was right up my alley!

 

 

The life crafted albums are perfect for documenting one off trips, but I also like to use them for an all encompassing travel album (which is a big ongoing project I'm currently working on).  My goal is to create one or two pages per trip to give an overview of all the places we've visited over the years. For today's project I decided to document a trip I took with my husband to Seattle back in 2016.  

 

 

I used one of the 2x2 grid page protectors for the right page so I'd be able to include more photos, and then I kept one of the standard size page protectors on the left.  I loved creating little clusters with the die cut pieces, and even had them overlap with my larger photos.  It gives the page such a fun effect.  

 


For my 2x2 grid page I mixed the photos with the embellishments to keep a good balance on the page.  Since the photos are so small I decided to keep them as they are, but I added embellishments to all of the other pockets.

 


Finally, I printed my journaling onto some grid paper and added it under my large photo.  My goal with the journaling for my travel album project is to write up an overview and maybe add in a few details, but not to include everything (which would require much more space than one or two layouts.)

 

Thank you for stopping by to take a peek into my travel album!

XO,

Sarah

 

 

-----

 We love this new spread by our friend Sarah, and are excited to see more of her creations with our kit.  Be sure to stop by her Instagram feed to check more of her projects and be inspired. You are sure to love her work!

XO

No comments:

Post a Comment