Saturday, March 27, 2021

3-to-Inspire with Marsha

 


Hey friends!  Marsha here today, and I'm excited to be hosting this week's 3-to-Inspire challenge!  This challenge includes three fun prompts that are perfect for jumpstarting your creativity!  For my project, I created another travel layout in my Life Crafted album using the Travelogue Kit, Travelogue Stamp, and digitals, and the From the Heart Add-on Kit.

Here are the 3-to-Inspire prompts:

1.    Add stitching 

2.    Create a mixed title

3.    Include an interactive element


I started my layout by trimming a dot patterned paper from the Add-on kit to fit as a full page in the album.  I also trimmed a striped patterned paper from the same kit into three triangular pieces of varying sizes.  I absolutely love the colors in this striped paper and just had to use it on my layout!  Next, I did some machine stitching with black thread on two of the triangles for a bit of extra interest and texture.  I layered two of the triangles and adhered them and my photo to the page.


For the title, I trimmed an ephemera die cut word from the Travelogue kit in half so that it would fit on the page.  I like it even more trimmed in half than I did before!  I added the word "fun" using the Explore Pink/White Chipboard Alphabet Stickers and stamped below it with the Travelogue Stamp.  I love the way the title turned out using a mix of a die cut word, chipboard stickers, and stamping!


For the other side of the spread, I trimmed a piece of white cardstock to 5" x 8.25" to fit as a full page in the album.  I printed one of the Travelogue Digital Journal Cards at the regular size and printed three more to approximately 1.75" x 2.75" to hold extra photos and journaling.  I cut a slit in the larger journaling card so that the other cards could slide in and out.  I love this interactive element!  


I added some ephemera die cuts and puffy stickers from the Travelogue kit to embellish the layout.  To complete the page, I added the triangle stiched piece I created earlier to the corner to balance out the striped paper on the other side of the spread.


Thank you so much for stopping by today!  I hope you will create a project using these prompts and share it with us on the Citrus Twist Kits Facebook Fan Page or on Instagram using #citrustwistkits.

xo,





No comments:

Post a Comment