Saturday, January 2, 2021

3 to Inspire with Shannon

 


Happy New Year, Citrus Twist friends! Shannon here to kick off 2021 with a 3 to Inspire recipe to help jump start your next page. I used some products from the January 2021 and December 2020 shop updates for this layout. The recipe?

1. Alpha stamp

2. Wood hearts

3. Make a grid

Let's look at how this played out on my layout.


I used the Felicity alphabet stamp on the left side to do repeated lettering for my title. This stamp has such a clean, graphic look and the thin letters lend themselves well to a large title. I did a bit of a test with uninked stamps down the side of the page to see how many rows I could make. I didn't want letters being cut off at the bottom so a little bit of pre-planning was necessary. I didn't draw lines to keep things straight and even but you could totally do that as well!


On the opposite page, I created my grid. I used 2x2 squares to form the grid. To maximize the amount of space I could get between each square horizontally, I aligned the top and bottom squares with the edge of the paper. The patterned paper that I used is from the Marigold and Sweet Story 6x8 paper packs. Although they're different lines with very different designs, some of the papers mix and match very well. 


I chose three wood veneer hearts from the Heartbeats Vol. 2 pack to add to the page. I was so excited to see these added to the shop! I've always been a fan of wood veneer pieces. I arranged them on my page in a visual triangle with each of my patterned paper squares. To bring a little more to the page, I added some ephemera from the Hearts & Such ephemera pack to each square as well. I chose pieces that had pink in them to keep a consistent feel to the page.


Finally, I wanted to share my new favorite way to add journaling to my page! I've discovered printing on clear sticker paper. I type up my journaling in Photoshop on a shape that's the same dimensions as where the journaling will ultimately go. In this case, I typed it onto two 2x2 squares that were on a 4x6 canvas. Before saving, I deleted the squares so the journaling was only on a transparent background. I save the file as a .png. This is important! Saving it as a .png will result in a clear background. Then, I open the file and print as normal. If you have any questions about this, pop into the Citrus Twist Kits Fan Page on Facebook and I'll be happy to answer!


I hope this recipe has given you a starting point for your next page. You could interpret it in so many ways. I can't wait to see what you create! 



No comments:

Post a Comment