Saturday, January 23, 2021

3-to-Inspire with Nathalie

 


Hi there!

Nathalie with you today to bring you a new 3-to-Inspire challenge for this week.   At the beginning of the year, our friend and fellow CT, Shannon, decided to create a new photography challenge for the year.    10on10 is a way to capture your life in 10 frames on the 10th of each month.  I love the idea of curating our daily lives through photo and story, and decided to use a Coral Life Crafted album for this project.


I used my stash,  the 6x8 Big Numbers stamp set, and  Bailey Thick and Theme Stamp set to create the cover of my album.




Well, on January 10th, I focused on taking pictures that show all about preparation (it was easier for me to focus the lens on a unifying theme).   Then used these 3 prompts to document them on the Life Crafted album:

  1.  Use numbers (stickers, stamps, diecuts)
  2. Bring on the florals
  3. Use one accent color 

I had an idea on mind for my layout and here is how it all started:



I started my layout with the first picture of the day enlarged to 4.25"*8".  I added a few banner pieces from the December add on kit -making sure they sit a bit off the page-, then added a puffy number sticker at the bottom of the picture.



For the other side of the layout, I cut a piece paper - December Add on kit - to fit 4.5"x8.25".  Here I used a cut apart card from the Marigold collection 6x8 paper pad.  I pulled floral ephemera (December release) only in yellow for this spread, and used them to embellish the card.   Then, added a few more pieces of ephemera from the Add-on kit and added my title using Foam Black alpha stickers.  However, I did not glue the pages, as I needed to find a way to add the other 9 pictures and story.  This lend me to create an interactive spread.





I used the Digital New Starts TN papers to create the background paper for the page.  I copy the same image next to each other then sized it to fit a canvas of 9.5"x8.25".  This was scored at 5" and 51/8"from the right edge.  I cut vellum  at about 4.25"x8"to serve as the canvas on each of the insert pages.  I knew the best way to layer all the pictures was a modified grid.  So, I sized my photos to fit 2"x3"  and set 3 of them on the center paper, then used another one to add my story pages.




I wanted to continue the floral theme in the spread. So I chose to add just one photo on the inside of the spread flaps, then added more yellow floral ephemera, a puffy number and a ticket with the date.  Then used Photoshop to create my lines of journal to fit inside a 4"*3" canvas.




I used the same configuration for the other side of the spread, thus adding my 9 pictures to the inner flap and pages of the spread.    Here is a look at the complete inside spread:




Having the large florals, and even sized pictures made it easy to put these grids together.  The yellow puffy alphas help to number the stories and used them as a reference to write the story.   The large yellow florals cap the grid nicely, while the small cluster of flowers help to complete the grid, but also serve as a way to guide the eye through the layout.

I hope these three prompts:  Numbers, florals, and one focal color help you document your days.  Remember to share with us your finished projects, and check Shannon's social Media feed to get more information about the challenge.
Cannot wait to see what you create!






No comments:

Post a Comment