Saturday, January 16, 2021

3-to-Inspire with Ingunn

 


      Happy New Year, everyone! My name is Ingunn, and I’m excited to share my first blog post for the Citrus Twist Creative Team!


 One thing you should know about me – and which I am sure I’m not alone in – is that I am NEVER caught up with my scrapbooking projects. The silver lining of this procrastination is that I can sit here in the grey January Pacific Northwest gloom and relive my sunny memories of summer!


We didn’t go on a real summer vacation this year due to the pandemic, but we were able to sneak away from our everyday life for a three-day trip to Mount Rainier National Park. I’m just now getting around to scrapbooking about it (in a Calypso Life Crafted Album), and I’m planning for this to be one of the last pages of the album, a sort of summary of why this trip was so awesome. 


My three ingredients for this spread are:

1 // COLOR: I picked out the three tickets from the Tickets & Tags Ephemera Pack and paired them with chipboard stars from the same color family.



2 // BULLET POINTS: I tend toward long, rambling journaling, but sometimes there’s just less pressure if you divide your story into digestible little chunks instead.




3 // VISUAL TRIANGLE: In order to create a visual triangle on my layout (to guide the eye and help the page look balanced), I added one last die cut piece from the Hearts & Such Die Cut Ephemera pack to the upper right side of the spread.


I also added a title using the White Foam Alphabet from the shop, which happily includes stars! I used a star instead of the “o” in love to repeat the stars I had used elsewhere on the page.



Thank you so much for stopping by, and I hope you will join me in scrapbooking earlier, brighter, happier days as we struggle through dark times up here in the Northern Hemisphere!  

See you again soon,

Ingunn


No comments:

Post a Comment